Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pillow, please

Wow, I am tired! I completed Week One of the Couch to 5K and moved on to Week 2. Um, yes, Week Two Day 1 was nothing short of a swift kick in the rear. I felt it in my feet. I started to get that feeling of panic. Why did I sign up to walk/jog/crawl 13.1 miles. Pardon my language but really, WTF was I thinking??? I finally tried to visualize myself running up to Cinderella's Castle and seeing all my friends waiting for me. It worked. Well, that and I also visualized the Carolina Hurricanes team waiting for me. I basically stare at their team poster and that of retired #17 Rod Brind'Amour holding up the Stanley Cup in 2006. They have become my motivation. I think I might even have to incorporate a #17 somehow into my clothing that day.

I am proud to say that I did it. I wanted to give up but I didn't. I think half of this battle is mental. And I don't give up that easy.

Now I would like a shower and my pillow. Because I am beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment